Do you want to go car camping in your Honda SUV, minivan or crossover vehicle? Napier Outdoors makes a Honda Element Tent that also fits the CRV, Odyssey and Pilot models.
What I Like About the Napier Sportz Tent for Honda Cars:
This lightweight, compact car tent is easy to travel with, and then it quickly turns your vehicle into a mini camping house. The Napier Sportz 82000 can sleep up to 5 people, plus it comes with an attached shade awning for more comfort and living space.
Furthermore, you can access the trunk of your car from inside the tent. Therefore, you can conveniently reach stored items in the middle of the night – or sleep additional people.
Note: I really like the tall 7-foot height of the inside of this tent. The ceilings round to about 6-feet tall at the outside corners, but the room feels spacious and comfortable to move around in.
The adjustable car sleeve works with a number of different Honda vehicles because you can customize the fit. Plus, the tent stands on its own, so you don’t even have to attach it to your vehicle if you don’t want to. It’s very versatile.
Additional Features on the Honda SUV Tent:
Even though the Sportz 82000 hatch tent is not designed for year-round camping, it does include a few nice weatherproofing features. For instance, it has a rain fly for the ceiling and storm flaps for the windows. It also has a bathtub-style floor with extra waterproofing.
And in warm weather, the large mesh doors and double skylights keep the tent well-ventilated. Plus, it allows plenty of natural light in while also shading you from the hot sun.
Keep important items in easy-to-find places at night, and make your outdoor accommodations more cozy and comfortable.
10-Minute Car Tent Set-up Instructions:
The Napier Sportz vehicle mounted tent assembles quickly in about 10 minutes. In fact, you set it up very much like you would a traditional camping tent. The video below shows how to do it step by step.
1. First, open the tent and lay it on the ground, bottom side down. Then, unfold the tent poles and insert them into the pole sleeves on the tent.
2. Next, place the pole ends into the corner grommet holes and attach the outer tent clips to the poles to secure in place. Now, you have your structure assembled and standing upright.
3. Finally, unzip the car sleeve and move the tent next to your vehicle (hatch open). Lift the sleeve over the hatchback and secure the straps to the roof rack, wheel wells and car bumper/tailgate.
Specs for the Sportz SUV 82000 Honda Element Tent:
- Dimensions: 9′ Square x 7’3″ Tall
- Sleeps 45 People
- Weight: 36 lbs
- 3-Season Tent
- Tent Material: Polyester Taffeta & Oxford Fabric
- Waterproofing: 1200mm PU Coating
- Floor Material: Polyethylene
- Poles: Durawrap Fiberglass & Steel
- Color: Blue
- Gear Loft, Gear Pocket, Lantern Holder
- Comes with Expandable Carrying Bag
- Review Ratings: 4.7 out of 5 Stars
- Model #: 82000-Honda
- Brand: Napier Outdoors
- Warranty: 1 Year
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Sportz SUV 82000 Tent